𝗜 𝗡 𝗦 𝗧 𝗔 𝗚 𝗥 𝗔 𝗠 𝗦 𝗧 𝗢 𝗥 𝗜 𝗘 𝗦
Why are they so important and do they really benefit your activity on Instagram? Do they really matter to consumers?
I am going to break it all down for you…
The short answer, YES! Stories absolutely benefit you when it comes to “Doing it for the Gram!”
Stories are short 15-second video clips that allow your following behind the curtain of your everyday life. The more you can create that, “Know, Like, and Trust” factor with your following, the more RELATABLE you become and it will benefit the quality of your following and commitment of your consumers.
𝗜 𝗡 𝗦 𝗧 𝗔 𝗚 𝗥 𝗔 𝗠 𝗦 𝗧 𝗢 𝗥 𝗜 𝗘 𝗦 𝗦 𝗧 𝗔 𝗧 𝗦
- Nearly 1.7 billion accounts use the Stories format daily.
- 500 million users now use Instagram Stories every day.
- 1 in 4 Millennials and Gen Z-ers look for Stories of the products and services they want to buy.
- 15%–25% of people swipe up on a link in branded Stories. (10,000+ followers needed for swipe up feature).
- One-third of the most-viewed Instagram Stories are from businesses.
- 36% of businesses use Instagram Stories for product promotion.
- 59% of brands link Instagram Stories to a shoppable page.
- The average posting frequency for IG Stories is 2.3 posts per week.
- Instagram Stories accounts for 34% of Instagram’s sponsored content.
- Stories stickers enhance video performance 83% of the time.
- How-to tutorials are the most popular form of Instagram video content.
- 73% of U.S. teens say Instagram is the best way for brands to reach them about new products or promotions.
- U.S. marketers spend 31% of their Instagram ad budget on Stories.
- U.S. Marketers spend 69% of their influencer budgets on Instagram.
(Sources: Hootsuite, 99firms)
Look at it this way … if you don't have the deep pockets to invest in some serious advertising, this is 𝗙𝗥𝗘𝗘 𝗠𝗔𝗥𝗞𝗘𝗧𝗜𝗡𝗚!!
BUT… you do not want every story to be a sale, a pitch, a perfectly perfect created still shot or pre-recorded video.
- Be REAL – authenticity matters!
- Show in the moment activity in your life.
- Don't worry about being perfectly perfect.
- Lead with VALUE! Education over facts about what you do and how you do it is what keeps your following around.
Get CREATIVE. Play around with the amazing template apps and add some oomph to your stories. Some great apps to get started…
Lastly … JUST DO IT! Seriously though. How can any of us get better at what we “WANT” to learn how to do, if we don't actually make the effort and take the action in learning to do it?